Presenting the "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MHBR) series - healthy and easy-to-prepare home cooked recipes, shared by you, our readers!
HealthXchange "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series
Cook at home during this COVID-19 "circuit breaker" period - and beyond! It's a great time to start a new, healthy habit. If you're looking for a variety of healthy, easy-to-prepare recipes, look no further than our very own "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series! Featuring recipes from our very own readers, the range of dishes from appetisers, mains and desserts will spoil you for choice.
Be sure to visit HealthXchange each week as new recipes are added weekly! Because #healthiswealth #healthforgood #goodforhealth
Tau Kwa with almonds - Shared by Ng Zhi Xian
Tau kwa (beancurd) 3-4 nos
Soy sauce 1 tblspn
Sesame oil 1 tspn
Dash of onion powder
Dash of black pepper
Pinch of salt
Chicken stock 2 tblspn
1. Mix marinade - soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, salt, chicken stock
2. Pound almonds into rough bits
3. Dry tau kwa with kitchen towel
4. Heat coconut oil on high heat, pan fry tau kwa, turning once each side is brown
5. Add almonds and stir fry for about 1 minute
6. Pour in marinade and leave it to evaporate.
Recipe has been edited for clarity by the HealthXchange team.