Usher in the Lunar New Year with a colourful start with this healthy rainbow yu sheng recipe from Dietitian Kua Pei San, from Outram Community Hospital (OCH), under SingHealth Community Hospitals (SCH).
Toss to good health and prosperity with this healthy rainbow yu sheng recipe, contributed by Kua Pei San, Dietitian from
Outram Community Hospital (OCH), under
SingHealth Community Hospitals (SCH), a member of the
This recipe also features the use of blanched vegetables, which are softer and thus more suitable for elderly’s consumption!
serves 6 to 8.
1 can of tuna in oil
1 tablespoon of roasted sesame seeds
Vegetables (shredded and blanched):
1 tablespoon of peanut powder
1 slice of pomelo, peeled and sacs separated
1 teaspoon of 5 spices powder
1 small red dragon fruit, cubed
1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
1 small mango, sliced into strips
2 tablespoon of plum sauce
4 tablespoons of lime juice
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
3 pieces wholemeal crackers, crushed
1. Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. Add some
water to achieve the desired consistency, if necessary.
2. Arrange the tuna in the centre of a large plate.
3. Place the vegetables and fruits in sections around the plate.
4. Sprinkle the sesame seeds, peanut powder, 5 spices powder, cinnamon powder and crushed whole-wheat crackers over the vegetables and fruits.
5. Pour the dressing evenly.
Toss for good health and enjoy!
Tips for a healthier yu sheng