This series of delicious and nutritious soft diet recipes are provided by National Dental Centre Singapore (NDCS). You'll find the recipe shown here and more in their "Meals to Smile About" cookbook. See below to find out how to get this cookbook!
HealthXchange presents NDCS soft diet recipe series
This series of delicious recipes was created especially for patients who are recovering after their dental treatment and may have difficulty chewing and eating. You can find the recipe shown here, and many others in the "Meals to Smile About" cookbook by
National Dental Centre Singapore (NDCS).
Blue pea lemongrass jelly
The Blue Pea Lemongrass Jelly recipe is by Chef Judy Koh of Creative Culinaire and Caffe Pralet. Also an avid gardener, Chef Judy's contribution to the "Meals to Smile About" cookbook is a sweet and simple treat with fresh blue pea flowers from her own garden.
Preparation time: 1 hour
Preparation style: Boil, chill
Water - 450g
Pandan leaves, torn and tied in a knot - 5 pieces
Lemongrass, bashed - 2 pieces
Wild blue pea flowers, washed with petals separated - 8 pieces
Gelatin powder - 20g
Lemongrass strips, raspberries and wild blue pea flowers for garnish
1. Sprinkle the gelatin powder to 90g of water. Set aside for 15mins until spongy.
2. Place the remaining 400g of water, rock sugar, pandan leaves and lemongrass in a saucepan. Boil for about 3mins until fragrant. Strain and return to heat.
3. Add the gelatin mixture and stir until all the gelatin is dissolved.
4. Strain and add wild blue pea flowers.
5. Pour into a 7-inch square tray and leave to set.
6. When cooled, place in refrigerator to let it set further.
7. Cut the jelly into diamond shapes.
8. When read to serve, arrange into a large flower pattern and garnish with lemongrass strips, raspberry and wild blue pea flower.
Tip: Wait 10 to 15mins for the gelatin powder to be fully absorbed into the water before you move it.
About the Chef
Chef Judy Koh is the Founder of
Creative Culinare and
Caffe Pralet. She is also recipient of the Skills Fellowship Award by the President of Singapore and the World Guiness Book of Records for Tallest Chocolate Sculpture. Chef Judy believes in living life with a mission, vision, passion and thankful heart.
Enjoyed this recipe and want more?
Get the NDCS “Meals to Smile About” cookbook, featuring 30 nutritious soft-diet recipes provided by various contributors; staff, patients, caregivers, chefs and friends.
here to find out how you can make a donation and get a copy of the cookbook.
Check out other soft diet recipes:
Pink dragonfruit pudding by Ceph Koh
Tofu lemon cheesecake by Whiskit Bakery & Cafe