HealthXchange collaborates with respected chefs in the F&B industry to bring you healthy recipes that can easily be created in the comfort of home.
HealthXchange's Professional Chef Series - Chef Addis Tan of Ebb & Flow Group
In an ongoing effort to promote healthy living and increase the quality of life for you, our reader, we have collaborated with professional chefs for their culinary expertise in creating healthy, easy-to-make dishes for you to try at home. Because #healthiswealth #healthforgood
Butternut Tom Yum Fettucine
Fettuccine (or pasta of choice) - 1 packet
Vegan tom yum paste - 1 packet (200g)
Coconut Cream - 200 ml
Japanese cucumber - 1 nos
Butternut - 1 nos
Olive oil - 100g
Salt and Pepper - to taste
Coriander - 50g
1. Bring salted water to a boil (1 part salt to 10 parts water). Once water is boiling, submerge pasta fully for 8mins, or until preferred texture.
2. Strain pasta and drizzle olive oil to prevent pasta from sticking together.
3. Saute tom yum paste and some olive oil on medium-low heat until fragrant. Add in coconut cream and stir constantly. Be mindful of paste drying out at the bottom. Additional coconut cream can be added if too spicy. Set aside.
4. Remove seeds and cut butternut into desired shape and thickness. Grill over pan with olive oil, salt and pepper until fork tender.
5. Slice cucumber thinly.
6. Bring tom yum sauce to a slow boil. Place pasta in and stir constantly for 30 secs.
7. Plate your dish together, first with pasta, then top with butternut, cucumber and garnish coriander leaves. Enjoy!
About the chef
Chef Addis Tan discovered his passion for cooking at the tender age of ten whilst helping his mother fold spring rolls; however, it wasn't until his part-time job at Chijmes at the age of seventeen that he considered becoming a chef! With over 14 years of experience under his belt, working in prestigious establishments such as Garibaldi and Ricciotti, Chef Addis currently serves as Head Chef of plant-based restaurants Love Handle Burgers and Sunny Slices along with 8ASH - a multi-concept modern diner located at 8 Ann Siang Hill.
About the establishment
Ebb & Flow Group operates dark kitchens, develops proprietary technologies for the F&B industry and also brings to market innovative, original and inspiring brands and restaurants for their consumers to enjoy. Brands under their umbrella include The Dragon Chamber, Supafresh Japan, Nasi Nuri, Kairos Caviar, Wrap Bstrd, Tigerlily Patisserie and Sunny Slices, among others.