This series of delicious and nutritious soft diet recipes are provided by National Dental Centre Singapore (NDCS). You'll find the recipe shown here and more in their "Meals to Smile About" cookbook. See below to find out how to get this cookbook!
HealthXchange presents NDCS soft diet recipe series
This series of delicious recipes was created especially for patients who are recovering after their dental treatment and may have difficulty chewing and eating. You can find the recipe shown here, and many others in the "Meals to Smile About" cookbook by
National Dental Centre Singapore (NDCS).
Pink dragonfruit pudding
A firm believer in the value of sharing, Ceph shares oral care products made with the finest ingredients with his customers at work and adopts the same attention to quality by sharing his cooking with his friends and family using the freshest and healthiest ingredients. Tasting as good as it loos, this crowd-pleasing colourful dessert is silky smooth with a gorgeous creamy texture.
Preparation style: Steam
Full cream milk - 250ml
Coconut cream - 100ml
Brown sugar - 20g
Pink dragonfruit, pureed - 50g
While egg whites - 2
Rose syrup - 20ml
Optional toppings: Mashed strawberries, raspberries, blueberries
1. Prepare a steamer with water and bring to a boil.
2. Add full cream milk, coconut cream, brown sugar and pink dragonfruit to a small saucepan and simmer over low heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites thoroughly and slowly mix in milk mixture and rose syrup.
4. Strain the liquid through a fine mesh strainer, and pour into 6 heatproof bowls (3 inches in diameter).
5. Cover each serving bowl with foil and place them in the steamer. Steam for 10 to 15mins before removing heat.
6. Top pudding with strawberries, raspberries and blueberries before serving.
The pudding can be served warm or chilled.
Tip: Straining the liquid through a fine mesh strainer will ensure smooth and silky puddings.
About the Chef
Ceph Koh is Global Brand Manager for
Enjoyed this recipe and want more?
Get the NDCS “Meals to Smile About” cookbook, featuring 30 nutritious soft-diet recipes provided by various contributors; staff, patients, caregivers, chefs and friends.
here to find out how you can make a donation and get a copy of the cookbook.
Check out other soft diet recipes:
Blue pea lemongrass jelly by Caffe Pralet
Tofu lemon cheesecake by Whiskit Bakery & Cafe