Presenting the "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MHBR) series - healthy and easy-to-prepare home cooked recipes, shared by you, our readers!
HealthXchange "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series
Cook at home during this COVID-19 "circuit breaker" period - and beyond! It's a great time to start a new, healthy habit. If you're looking for a variety of healthy, easy-to-prepare recipes, look no further than our very own "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series! Featuring recipes from our very own readers, the range of dishes from appetisers, mains and desserts will spoil you for choice.
Be sure to visit HealthXchange each week as new recipes are added weekly! Because #healthiswealth #healthforgood #goodforhealth
Pumpkin Soup - Shared by Jeffrey Seuntjens
Pumpkin (large) 1 nos
Potatoes (medium) 3-4 nos
Carrots 1 bag (500g)
Bouillon cubes 2 nos
Liquid bouillon 30 ml
- Clean carrots and potatoes (shave away skin), and dice into thumb sizes pieces
- Cut the pumpkin into wedges following its ribs
- Remove the inside matter and seeds
- Cut into 3-4cm pieces (larger than the potato and carrots)
- Cut away the pumpkin skin
- Put all cut pieces into a large pot, filled with enough water to cover all the pieces, but not more
- Bring to a boil, then simmer 10-15mins
- Turn off heat and let cool for 30mins
- Ladle pieces and the water into a blender, filling the blender no more than 2/3 full
- Blend until puree
- Transfer to a holding bowl
- Repeat Steps 9-11 until all is blended
- Return all blended material to the original pot and bring to a soft boil
- Shave bullion cubes and put into the pot, or dump in liquid bouillon
- Soften butter in microwave if needed, then put in the pot and stir well with a large ladle
- Sample taste with a clean spoon. Add salt, butter if more desired.
- Serve with some pumpkin seeds, raisins or cranberries on top for color, taste, and presentation
- Dust with cinnamon if desired for taste
- Left overs can be stored in clean containers and refrigerated for up to a week
About the participant
I am a 57-year-old Singapore PR. I am developing an online business to help people with health and fitness. I am offering an online course and have written a book to help people eat simply and healthy with economical whole foods and exercise they can do anywhere.
Pumpkin soup is one way to get complete nutrition and get some folks to eat veggie that do not normally take them.
Recipe has been edited for clarity by the HealthXchange team.