HealthXchange presents healthy recipes from professional chefs. These tasty dishes can easily be created in the comfort of home.
HealthXchange's Professional Chef Series - Chef Jetyii of Alegria
In an ongoing effort to promote healthy living and increase the quality of life for you, our reader, we have collaborated with professional chefs for their culinary expertise in creating healthy, easy-to-make dishes for you to try at home. Because #healthiswealth #healthforgood
Healthy Tofu Cheesecake
Graham crackers - 60g
Melted Unsalted Butter - 20g
Honey - 10g
Cream Cheese - 150g
Chinese Firm Tofu - 150g
Plain Yoghurt - 140g
Heavy Cream 35% - 75g
Stevia - 1/2 tbsp
Lemon juice - 1/2 tbsp
Lemon Zest - 1/2
Gelatine powder - 8g
Water - 80g
1. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper. Seal the graham crackers in a ziplock bag and crush it until it turns into crumble. Melt butter and honey through microwave for 15-20seconds or Bain-marie method. Mix melted butter and honey with crushed graham crackers. Pour the mix into the pan and smoothen it out using a spatula, forming an even layer. Keep chilled in fridge while preparing the cheesecake mixture.
2. Prepare blender jar, add in cream cheese,firm tofu,yogurt and blend until smooth.
3. Add in heavy cream, stevia, lemon juice and lemon zest then blend until smooth.
4. Mix gelatin powder and water. Melt the gelatine/water mix in a microwave.
5. Add the melted gelatin into blender and blend until evenly distributed.Pour the mixture into pan, on top of base, and allow it to set at least 3 hours in the chiller.
6. Remove tofu cheesecake from the chiller. Wet a small spatula under warm water and run it around the edge of the cake carefully for loosening out of pan. Cut and serve!
About the chef
Currently a Pastry Chef at Alegria, Chef Jetyii found his calling at 16 years old when he enrolled for part time baking courses while he was studying.
He went on to earn a Diploma in Pastry & Baking arts at At-Sunrice Global Chef Academy, where he built up his knowledge and understanding of French pastries as he trained closely with French chefs. He then worked his way through kitchens with various French chefs across various stints at Conrad Centennial Singapore, Marina Bay Sands and SATS. In addition, he also took part in few competitions and advanced his pastry skills through a Masterclass by Chef Johan Martin.
Through his pastry and dessert creations, Jetyii wants to bring happiness and emotions into people’s lives, which motivates him to do even better when he sees customers’ positive reactions.
About the establishment
Primarily inspired by Latin cuisine,
Alegria incorporates a dash of modern Asian flavours with an arsenal of traditional European techniques, delivering a vibrant, light and joyful dining experience. Complete with a visually striking bar for a lively and welcoming atmosphere, head on over to have a taste of mouthwatering fusion menu options that combine the best of traditional and modern flavours.
Alegria Singapore 18 Teck Lim Road, Singapore 088390
Mobile: +65 8952 9531
Telephone: +65 6223 1553