HealthXchange collaborates with respected chefs in the F&B industry to bring you healthy recipes that can easily be created in the comfort of home.
HealthXchange's Professional Chef Series - Chef IsAac Tan of Grain
In an ongoing effort to promote healthy living and increase the quality of life for you, our reader, we have collaborated with professional chefs for their culinary expertise in creating healthy, easy-to-make dishes for you to try at home. Because #healthiswealth #healthforgood
Grilled Farm Fresh Chicken
Deboned skinless chicken thigh - 1kg
Brown sugar - 1 tbsp
Cajun powder - 1.5 tbsp
Lime juice - 1 tbsp
Garam masala - 1tsp
Minced garlic - 1 tbsp
Olive oil - 2 tbsp
Broccoli - 400g
Sesame oil - A dash
Black rice - 600-800g
Lime powder - 2 tbsp
Sugar - to taste
Cherry tomatoes (halved) - 7
1. Mix all marinade ingredients (brown sugar, cajun powder, lime juice, garam masala, minced garlic, olive oil) in a bowl. Rub in marinade onto chicken thighs, leave overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 180 deg and grill chicken for 15-18 mins or until completely cooked.
3. Blanch broccoli in salt water until bright green. Drain water, and add dash of sesame oil for fragrance.
4. Wash rice, cook in rice cooker with a rice to water ratio of 1 : 1.3. Add cooked rice, lime powder and sugar in large bowl, mix well.
5. Plate rice on bottom. Place sliced chicken thigh, broccoli and cherry tomatoes on top. Add a scoop of pesto to side. Your dish is ready to be served!
About the Chef
Chef Isaac once apprenticed under the infamous Gordon Ramsay’s in a way, by apprenticing under a protégé of the celebrity chef! And he has prepared food for big names such as Arrested Development, Slum Village and Fat Joe. In his culinary journey, he has been exposed to production kitchens, fine dining and even butchery — and that is where he picked up skills and dishes from French, Italian, Progressive, Korean, Japanese, Chinese and local cuisines. He is now one of the founding members of
About the establishment
Started in 2014,
Grain is an online exclusive restaurant. The founders found themselves asking themselves everyday, "What do we eat today?". And thus,
Grain was born. They are on a mission to create meaningful food experiences for you and the people you love.
You can visit their website