Presenting the "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MHBR) series - healthy and easy-to-prepare home cooked recipes, shared by you, our readers!
HealthXchange "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series
Cook at home during this COVID-19 "circuit breaker" period - and beyond! It's a great time to start a new, healthy habit. If you're looking for a variety of healthy, easy-to-prepare recipes, look no further than our very own "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series! Featuring recipes from our very own readers, the range of dishes from appetisers, mains and desserts will spoil you for choice.
Be sure to visit HealthXchange each week as new recipes are added weekly! Because #healthiswealth #healthforgood #goodforhealth
Shepherd's Pie - Shared by Lilian Yap
Potatoes - 1 kg
Baby Carrots (shredded) - 2 nos
Salmon Fillet - 1 nos
Shredded Mozzarella cheese - 1 packet
Salt - A pinch
1. Wash and boil potatoes in a pot of water with a tea-spoon of salt. Boil for about half an hour or until fork-tender.
2. Shred carrots.
3. Steam salmon fillet till cooked and flake it.
4. Skin potatoes and mash.
5. Place half of mash into an oiled container and spread evenly.
6. Add flaked salmon as 2nd layer.
7. Spread cheese as 3rd layer.
8. Use other half of mash as last layer and spread evenly.
9. Put remainder of cheese on top of the potatoes.
10. Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees C and bake for about 15 mins or till golden brown.
About the participant
Hi, I am a retiree and I love to cook and experiment on new recipes for my community events.
Recipe has been edited for clarity by the HealthXchange team.