Presenting the "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MHBR) series - healthy and easy-to-prepare home cooked recipes, shared by you, our readers!
HealthXchange "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series
Cook at home during this COVID-19 "circuit breaker" period - and beyond! It's a great time to start a new, healthy habit. If you're looking for a variety of healthy, easy-to-prepare recipes, look no further than our very own "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series! Featuring recipes from our very own readers, the range of dishes from appetisers, mains and desserts will spoil you for choice.
Be sure to visit HealthXchange each week as new recipes are added weekly! Because #healthiswealth #healthforgood #goodforhealth
Thai Basil Leaf & Pork Rice - Shared by Jasmine Chan
Minced pork 250g
Thai basil sauce
- Cook the rice in a rice cooker for 6mins
- Heat up a saucepan, then add olive oil
- Stir fry the garlic, minced pork, long beans, chopped yellow pepper, sliced red chilli, basil leaves and Thai sauce for 2mins. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper
- Plate the stir-fried dish
- Heat up the claypot, add white rice and add the stir-fried dish on top
- Cover and cook on a fire stove for 5mins
- Once done, serve on a plate
- Lastly, fry a sunny side up egg for each serving plate
Your Thai Basil Leaf and Pork Rice is ready!
About the participant
I am currently a stay-home mum to two beautiful babies and am five months pregnant with my third. I feel it is very important for my family to have healthy food every single day. Cooking at home allows me to take control of what goes into my dish and stomach with less salt and less artificial flavourings. I am very happy to be able to share my simple home-cooked recipes with everyone.
Recipe has been edited for clarity by the HealthXchange team.