HealthXchange presents healthy recipes from professional chefs. These tasty dishes can easily be created in the comfort of home.
HealthXchange's Professional Chef Series - Chef Jarrell Tan of Jarrell's Bistro
In an ongoing effort to promote healthy living and increase the quality of life for you, our reader, we have collaborated with professional chefs for their culinary expertise in creating healthy, easy-to-make dishes for you to try at home. Because #healthiswealth #healthforgood
Mushroom Cake Risotto
Risotto / Arborio Rice - 500g
Button Mushroom - 115g
Onion (diced) - 150g
Morel / Mushroom stock - 500g
Parmesan Cheese - 50g
Thyme - 2g
Bay Leaves - 1g
Butter - 90g
Morel Mushrooms - 20g
Sugar - 15g
Olive Oil - 100g
White wine - 40g
Salt - 20g
1. Soak Morel Mushrooms in water and rest for 1 hour.
2. Heat a pan with olive oil. Add in and bay leaves, thyme and onions. Fry until onions turn light brown.
3. Add in button mushrooms and morel mushrooms. Fry unil the mushrooms are fully cooked.
4. Add in all the risotto/rice. Add in white wine and morel stock bit by bit, only adding after the stock and wine is reduced fully. (until it the wine and stock dries up)
5. Add in salt, sugar, parmesan cheese and butter. Stir well and plate the dish. Enjoy!
About the chef
Chef-owner Jarrell Tan brings over 15 years of experience to Jarrell’s Bistro, honing his skills at F&B establishments under the Mount Faber Leisure Group, Fairmont Singapore and Swissotel the Stamford. As a culinary artiste, Chef Jarrell presents his flair for creation and clever manipulation of flavours by adding his signature touch to different cuisines, and elevates them with a local modern cooking style. In Jarrell's Bistro, he demonstrates his passion for the culinary arts and provides a variety of dishes that cater to the local palate, each aesthetically impressive.
About the establishment
Jarrell’s Bistro is a newly opened Asian Fusion Restaurant, situated along Telok Ayer Street. Its double volume space is beautifully decorated in a dark green and brown colour palette, making it warm yet sophisticated. This setting creates the perfect ambience to savour a fine selection of contemporary tapas created by Chef Owner, Jarrell Tan. Working closely with Chef Jarrell is Eemin Chow, Pastry Chef of Jarrell’s Bistro, who has created exquisite desserts which are works of art.
Address: 198 Telok Ayer Street, Singapore 068637
Tel: 6223 1766