Presenting the "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MHBR) series - healthy and easy-to-prepare home cooked recipes, shared by you, our readers!
HealthXchange "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series
Cook at home during this COVID-19 "circuit breaker" period - and beyond! It's a great time to start a new, healthy habit. If you're looking for a variety of healthy, easy-to-prepare recipes, look no further than our very own "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series! Featuring recipes from our very own readers, the range of dishes from appetisers, mains and desserts will spoil you for choice.
Be sure to visit HealthXchange each week as new recipes are added weekly! Because #healthiswealth #healthforgood #goodforhealth
Honey Sesame Chicken - Shared by Glad
|All-purpose flour||Apple cider / rice vinegar|
|Baking powder||Sesame oil|
How to prepare frying batter
Mix the following:
- 1 Egg white
- 1/2 Cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup of cornstarch
- 1/2 Tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 Cup of cold water
- 1 Tablespoon of oil
- A little salt
How to prepare sesame sauce
Mix the following:
- 1/3 Cup of honey
- 1 Tablespoon of apple cider / rice vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon of ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup of water
- 1 Tablespoon of salt
How to prepare the dish
Coat the chicken in batter and deep fry till golden brown, take the chicken out and set aside on a plate
- Pour away some oil that was used to fry the chicken and stir fry 2 cloves of garlic with the remaining oil
- Add sesame sauce and wait until the sauce thickens
- When the sauce has thickened, pour it over the chicken until it is nicely coated
- Lightly toast the sesame seeds, then sprinkle it on the chicken
Your Honey Sesame Chicken is ready to serve!
About the participant
Hi! My name is Glad. Initially, I didn’t enjoy cooking. I grew up with my mom who cooked all my meals. But now that I’m a mom myself, and more so, with the current situation that encourages us to stay at home, I’ve grown to love cooking. Not only is it healthier, but I also spend the time for food preparation and cooking to teach and bond with my child. It's a win-win for me!
Recipe has been edited for clarity by the HealthXchange team.