HealthXchange "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series
Cook at home during this COVID-19 "circuit breaker" period - and beyond! It's a great time to start a new, healthy habit. If you're looking for a variety of healthy, easy-to-prepare recipes, look no further than our very own "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series! Featuring recipes from our very own readers, the range of dishes from appetisers, mains and desserts will spoil you for choice.
Be sure to visit HealthXchange each week as new recipes are added weekly! Because #healthiswealth #healthforgood #goodforhealth
Fresh Avocado Mango Guacamole - Shared by Luke Elijah Lim
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1 mango, 1/2 pureed and 1/2 cubed
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small garlic, chopped
- 1/2 small capsicum, chopped
- 1 table spoon of olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 10g of yellow mustard sauce
- 2 table spoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of Tabasco sauce
- Sprinkling of ground black pepper and Himalayan salt
STEPS (Serves 1) :
- Mix and beat the egg yolk, salt, pepper, mustard, lemon juice, vinegar and pureed mango together in a bowl until you get a smooth yellow liquid paste. Set this sauce aside.
- Wash the avocados and slice them into half. Remove the pitted stones and carefully remove the flesh with a spoon into a medium sized bowl.
- Add in the cubed mango, chopped capsicum, onions, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, lemon juice, and Tabasco sauce into the bowl with the avocado and then use a fork to gently mash them all up together into a thick chunky mixture.
- Scoop and transfer the thick guacamole mixture over into a small bowl and fill it tightly to the brim and then place a serving plate on top. Carefully and slowly turn the plate around and gently remove the bowl.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes thinly and place them neatly on top of the guacamole mixture.
- Trickle the mango mustard saucemix around the plate. Serve at room temperature with tortilla or vegetable chips. Enjoy!
About the participant
Luke Elijah Lim is a holistic health and wellness coach, as well as a certified culinary chef. He studied the culinary arts and pastry baking at several culinary institutes both in Singapore and overseas. Luke bonds together with his mother over their passion and love for organic and healthy whole foods. They frequently showcase their culinary skills and teach classes at various local and international festival events.
Luke Elijah Lim
Recipe has been edited for clarity by the HealthXchange team.