Presenting "My Best Healthy Recipe" series - healthy and easy-to-prepare home cooked recipes, shared by you, our readers!
HealthXchange "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series
Cook at home during this COVID-19 "circuit breaker" period - and beyond! It's a great time to start a new, healthy habit. If you're looking for a variety of healthy, easy-to-prepare recipes, look no further than our very own "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series! Featuring recipes from our very own readers, the range of dishes from appetisers, mains and desserts will spoil you for choice.
Be sure to visit HealthXchange each week as new recipes are added weekly! Because #healthiswealth #healthforgood #goodforhealth
Homemade pasta with red sauce - Shared by Jasmine chan
|Minced Beef 250g||Tomatoes 2 nos|
|Pasta of choice||Salt|
|Diced tomatoes 1 can||Olive oil|
|Whole Onion (small) 1 nos||Garlic powder|
|Whole Garlic 1 nos||Pepper|
Making the red sauce:
1. Dice onion, garlic, fresh tomatoes.
2. Heat the saucepan for 2 mins
3. Add Olive oil and garlic and onion
4. Stir for 2 mins
5. Add in minced beef and stir fry till fragrant
6. Add fresh diced tomatoes and 200ml of water
7. Add in mixed herbs
8. Bring to boil and simmer for 15mins
9. Reduce liquid to preferred consistency
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil
2. Add olive oil to water
3. Put dried pasta into water, and let pasta sit entirely in the water
4. Depending on type of pasta selected, cook accordingly to guided time on package
5. Drain and place in holding container; coat with olive oil
Combine red sauce on pasta and serve.
ABOUT THE PARTICIPANT
I'm a full-time real estate agent for 15 years and a full time mummy to 2 beautiful baby girls aged 2.5 & 1. We have no helper so I have to master the ability to multi-task, and juggle work and family at the same time. Cooking for my family is one of the important skills that I have learnt over the last 2 years as I feel the need to let my loved ones eat healthy food at home more often than dining out. The kids love this dish!
Recipe has been edited for clarity by the HealthxChange team.