HealthXchange collaborates with respected chefs in the F&B industry to bring you healthy recipes that can easily be created in the comfort of home.
HealthXchange's Professional Chef Series - Chef Alven Tai of Ice Edge Cafe
In an ongoing effort to promote healthy living and increase the quality of life for you, our reader, we have collaborated with professional chefs for their culinary expertise in creating healthy, easy-to-make dishes for you to try at home. Because #healthiswealth #healthforgood
Spaghetti - 160g
Broccoli - 60g
Porcini Mushrooms - 20g
White Cooking Wine - To taste
Fresh Basil Leaves - 5g
Sliced Garlic - 5g
Bird's Eye Chilli - 2g
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 10g
1. Boil water with salt & oil added in.
2. Add spaghetti to boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Set aside.
3. Heat a pan. Add extra virgin olive oil. Once oil is hot, saute the garlic, porcini mushrooms, broccoli, basil leaves and bird eye's chilli until fragrant.
4. Add in 2 scoops of vegetable stock if available. If not, plain water can be used.
5. Add in the spaghetti and cook further for around 5 minutes. At the 3 minute mark, add in preferred amount of white cooking wine to taste. Finish the dish with additional extra virgin oil if desired.
Your meal is ready to be served! Enjoy!
About the Chef
If you find Chef Alven familiar, it is because he has been on our series before! Previously he was representing Pietro Ristorante Italiano, and today he is representing Ice Edge Cafe, also part of the same company - Passion for Food. You can find his previous recipe
here. With more than a decade of experience behind his skillful hands, you can be sure that his brand of Italian cuisine is steeped with classic flavours that showcase his flair for the culinary arts!
About the establishment
Ice Edge Cafe is a beloved gem situated just behind Kovan MRT. With about a decade of operations behind it's belt, they claimed the hearts of nearby residents with their wacky yet utterly delectable gelato flavours made inhouse. They later branched out to serve hearty meals and have since grown from strength to strength. They also have pretty value-for-money deals, sometimes with 1-for-1 offers!
You can visit them at :
2 Kovan Road, #01-10
Simon Plaza, Singapore 548008
Tel : 6858 5729