Presenting the "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MHBR) series - healthy and easy-to-prepare home cooked recipes, shared by you, our readers!
HealthXchange "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series
Cook at home during this COVID-19 "circuit breaker" period - and beyond! It's a great time to start a new, healthy habit. If you're looking for a variety of healthy, easy-to-prepare recipes, look no further than our very own "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series! Featuring recipes from our very own readers, the range of dishes from appetisers, mains and desserts will spoil you for choice.
Be sure to visit HealthXchange each week as new recipes are added weekly! Because #healthiswealth #healthforgood #goodforhealth
Mini Mushroom Puff Pastry Tart - Shared by Evie
For the tart shells:
- 2 sheets puff pastry, rolled flat
- 1 egg beaten, to glaze on top of the pastry
For mushroom sauce:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 250gr of white button mushroom, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cut two types of circles, one big and another doughnut ring shaped.
- Brush egg on the bigger circle and carefully place the doughnut ring shaped circle on top of the big circle, brush again.
- Bake 30 minutes at 200 degrees until it puffs up.
- Heat up oil and cook the mushroom until it soften and browns, set aside.
- Melt butter, add garlic and flour to prepare roux mixture.
- Pour the milk and keep on stirring until the mixture thickens and becomes smooth.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add the cooked mushroom to the mixture and stir well.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of the mushroom sauce on the tart shell.
About the participant
I am totally obsessed with store bought puff pastry, such a real game changer in the kitchen. It’s flaky and buttery, most importantly easy to make and delicious.
Recipe has been edited for clarity by the HealthXchange team.