Presenting the "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MHBR) series - healthy and easy-to-prepare home cooked recipes, shared by you, our readers!
HealthXchange "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series
Cook at home during this COVID-19 "circuit breaker" period - and beyond! It's a great time to start a new, healthy habit. If you're looking for a variety of healthy, easy-to-prepare recipes, look no further than our very own "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series! Featuring recipes from our very own readers, the range of dishes from appetisers, mains and desserts will spoil you for choice.
Be sure to visit HealthXchange each week as new recipes are added weekly! Because #healthiswealth #healthforgood #goodforhealth
Oven Baked Tofu and Mushrooms - Shared by Liew Chooi Chin
Tofu - 400g
Mushrooms of choice - 150g
Cherry tomatoes - 8 to 12 nos
Sesame oil - 1/2 tblspn
Black pepper (to taste)
- Cut tofu and mushrooms into bite-size chunks.
- Cut tomatoes into halves.
- Put tofu, mushrooms and tomatoes into a mixing bowl.
- On a spoon, put sesame oil, black pepper and salt.
- Mix A and B together in a mixing bowl.
- Line a baking dish with non-stick cooking paper.
- Put the mixed ingredients into the baking dish.
- Bake in oven at 220 degree Celsius for about 40 minutes. (There is no need to preheat the oven.)
About the participant
This oven-baked dish is a no-fuss version of stir-fry tofu and mushrooms.
I like to prepare oven-baked dish like homemade fried potatoes, omelette, and vegetables. This 35 minutes or so baking in the oven is like time that I save to prepare another dish.
I also experiment with simplified cooking using a microwave oven. It is a great time-saver.
Ms Liew Chooi Chin (Homemaker)
Recipe has been edited for clarity by the HealthXchange team.