Presenting the "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MHBR) series - healthy and easy-to-prepare home cooked recipes, shared by you, our readers!
HealthXchange "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series
Cook at home during this COVID-19 "circuit breaker" period - and beyond! It's a great time to start a new, healthy habit. If you're looking for a variety of healthy, easy-to-prepare recipes, look no further than our very own "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series! Featuring recipes from our very own readers, the range of dishes from appetisers, mains and desserts will spoil you for choice.
Be sure to visit HealthXchange each week as new recipes are added weekly! Because #healthiswealth #healthforgood #goodforhealth
Garlic Chilli Fish - Shared by Wilman Low
- 1 whole sea bass
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 5 small red chilli
- 4 tblspn of oyster sauce
- 1 tblspn of soy sauce
- 1 tspn of sugar
- 1tblspn of rice wine
- 2 tspn of salt
- 1/2 tspn of chicken essence
- 1 egg white
- dash of white pepper
- 2 tblspn of cornflour
- De-Bone the fish, and cut fish into slices
- Wash sliced fish and dry off excess water
- Add 1/2 tspn of chicken essence
- Add dash of pepper
- Add 1 egg white
- Add 2 tblspn of cornflour
- Mix well and leave for at least 20 minutes
Special Soy Sauce
- Mix 2 tblspn of Soy sauce with 2 tblspn of water and 1 tspn of sugar or rock sugar
- Heat pan and transfer mixture, boil low heat and ensure sugar melts
Chilli Garlic Sauce
- Add 8 cloves of garlic and 5 small red chilli to blender. Blend well.
- Heat pan with 2 tblspn of oil. Add blended chilli and garlic.
- Add 1 tblspn of oyster sauce
- Add 1 tblspn of soy sauce
- Add 1/2 tblspn of chicken essence
- Add 1 tspn of salt
- Low heat and mix well/stir till fragrant(around 3 minutes)
- Transfer in bowl for use after
Heat wok with water and add some scallion white/knob of ginger/1 tspn of salt/1 tblspn of rice wine.
Add fish bone to boil in work for few minutes and transfer to plate.
Add sliced fish to boil in wok till 90% cooked and transfer to plate.
Add special soy sauce and chilli garlic sauce to plated fish.
Heat 1 tblspn of Oil with high heat and pour onto plated fish.
Garnish with chopped green scallion.
Tender sliced fish with burst of garlic/chilli goodness, yums!
About the participant
Sharing my humble recipes that I consistently share to all friends in my Facebook. I'm a supply chain professional with a global logistics MNC. I have an avid passion in cooking, I am self taught and always looking to enhance my cooking experience. I believe delicious dishes comes when you #cookforfun and #cookwithpassion.
Recipe has been edited for clarity by the HealthXchange team.