Lifeline > Nose Cancer Support Group
We know it is very emotionally stressful to find out that you have contracted nose cancer. But all is not lost as there is hope.We know what you are going through as survivors we have been through it before. We believe that no one should have to go through this cancer journey alone. We are here to help you and give you hope.
Who are we?
A voluntary Support Group formed by nose cancer survivors to reach out to nose cancer (NPC) patients - current patients or survivors - and their care-givers. The Group has been formed under the auspices of the National Cancer Centre Singapore (NCCS) and works closely with health and medical professionals.
As nose cancer survivors, we are here to share our experiences as we have walked through the treatment journey before and know what to expect, lend a listening ear, offer words of comfort and hope, and help survivors with their post recovery care through sharing and learning from one another.
What do we offer?
The Group offers nose cancer (NPC) patients and their care-givers opportunities for:
- Interaction & sharing through organised activities
- Learn from health professionals about the many facets of nose cancer, including treatment and post recovery care.
- Includes advice on Diet, Recipes, Personal Sharing experiences, and much more.
- Support and care through the sharing of personal experiences and practices. Feel free to talk to us!
The NPC Support Group aims to provide knowledge and psychological and emotional support to nose cancer (NPC) patients and care-givers through organised activities, talks, care and the sharing of experiences and practices.
|NCCS Medical Advisers:||Dr Terence Tan
Dr Soong Yoke Lim
|Programme Leader:||Teo Thiam Chye (TC)|
|Deputy Programme Leader:||Lim Kok Kiong (KK)|
|Members:||Lim Wai Cheng
Lim Kok Kiong
|NCCS Rep:||Travis Loh|
National Cancer Centre Singapore
Name: Mr Travis Loh
Phone: 6436 8668
NPC Support Group
Headed by Mr Teo Thiam Chye (TC)
Phone: 9631 7887
2018 Theme - Living with Nose Cancer
|5 January, Friday||Caring For Your Psychosocial & Emotional Needs||The emotional upheaval from being told that one has contracted cancer and the fear of recurrence is very real. It affects both the survivor and family members. Learn how to deal with such distress.|
|2 February, Friday||Healing Through Optimal Nutrition||Understand the nutritional needs that can optimise recovery and survival chance after cancer treatment. Learn to mix and match various food groups to make healthy meals.|
|3 March, Saturday||Chinese New Year Celebration - Lohei Party||Let's come together as an NPC Family to celebrate Chinese New Year with a lohei, buffet lunch and karaoke party and wish each other another year of health, peace and prosperity.|
|6 April, Friday||Member's Sharing - Nature's Healing Powers||Nature has great healing powers for our body. Learn what they are and how to employ them along our NPC journey.|
|4 May, Friday||Dealing with Hearing Loss||Hearing loss is one of the most common side effects that affect survivors after treatment. Find out about the available treatments for hearing loss and other related problems.|
|8 June, Friday||Dealing With Speech & Swallowing Issues||Slurred speech and difficulty swallowing food affect many NPC survivors. In severe cases, it requires permanent tube feeding. Learn about the signs of speech and swallowing difficulty, diagnosis, treatment and how to cope.|
|6 July, Friday||Hormonal Imbalance & its association with NPC||Hormonal imbalances are a late side effect of treatment. Frequently mistaken as part of ageing, they can severely impact the quality of life. Find out what they are, how they are treated, and how to deal with them.|
|17 August, Friday||Understanding Palliative Care||What exactly is palliative care? When does it apply to survivors? Learn how and when palliative care becomes relevant to cancer survivors.|
|7 September, Friday||Understanding Complementary & Alternative Medicine (CAM)||What is CAM? What are the types out in the marketplace today? How can cancer survivors use them? How do we evaluate their effectiveness?|
|5 October, Friday||Members Sharing – Healing of the Mind, Body & Spirit||Learn from fellow survivors what they employ to help them heal the mind, body and spirit in this sharing session.|
|9 November, Friday||Members Sharing Healing through Exercise||Come and learn easy-to-do exercise routines that will help survivors to strengthen their body.|
|December||Year End Break
Preparing for 2019
- Talk is held on the Friday of each month unless otherwise stated.
- Talk is held from 6.30pm to 9.00pm at the National Cancer Centre Function Room Level 4.
- Topics are subject to change without notice. Please check the website for any updates.
- To register for the talk, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Helping Hand You Can Hold
- A-Z of Nose Cancer
- Chinese New Year Lo-Hei 2011
- Cough Recipe
- Dengue Fever
- Eco Farm Trip
- Growing with the NPC Support Group
- Hospice - Death House or Heavenly Shelter
- Is it just the Flu or Cancer?
- Lending a Helping Hand
- Medical Test Reports
- Organic Farm Visit and Lunch
- Shingles Holiday
- Who Am I
- YOG Volunteer
Overcoming the Side Effects of Treatment
- Aloe Vera & Manuka Honey for Radiotherapy
- Blocked Ear? Here's a Natural Remedy
- Blood With Phlegm After RT Treatment - What Does it Mean
- Dental Cleansing Using Air Floss
- Making a Recovery After Treatment
- Managing the Common Side Effects of Radiotherapy (RT)
- My Chemotherapy Experience
- My Experience With Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma (NPC) Treatment
- My Way of Damage Control and Recovery
- Nose Cancer: Blocked and Ringing Ear Problem
- Nose Cancer: Managing the 4 Major Side Effects of Radiotherapy
- Nose Cleansing using Nose Cup
- Nose Flushing - What You Need to Do
- Radical Neck Dissection - My Personal Experience
Diet and Exercise
- Avocado Passion Fruit Smoothie
- DIY Fruit Enzyme
- Egg-cellent Nutrition
- Food Related Issues During Radiotherapy Treatment (RT) and Post Recovery
- Learning to Eat Well
- My Gained Overwhelmed My Lost
- My TCM Experience
- Nature has great healing power
- Sentosa Nature Walk cum Yoghurt Making Class
- The ABC of Vegetable Juice
Mind Over Body
- Life Before Death
- Living a Healthy Life after Nose Cancer
- Living with HOPE and Learning to COPE with Nose Cancer
- Making a Tough Decision Following Relapse From Nose Cancer - A Practical Thought Process
- My Encounter With Guo Lin Qi Gong
- My Journey in Coming to Term With Death
- My Journey With NPC
- Take Charge - Run The Race of Life
- The Story of Paul Tan
- When Cancer Returns
- You Do Not Walk Alone