HealthXchange "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series
Cook at home during this COVID-19 "circuit breaker" period - and beyond! It's a great time to start a new, healthy habit. If you're looking for a variety of healthy, easy-to-prepare recipes, look no further than our very own "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series! Featuring recipes from our very own readers, the range of dishes from appetisers, mains and desserts will spoil you for choice.
Be sure to visit HealthXchange each week as new recipes are added weekly! Because #healthiswealth #healthforgood #goodforhealth
Olive Rice with Chicken Wings and Lady’s Fingers - Shared by Sharon Lim
|White rice 1 cup||Chicken Wing 2 nos|
|Ginger Paste 1 tspn||Tumeric powder |
|Chinese olive egetable 1 tblspn||Eggwash|
|Okra (lady's finger) 3 stalks||Onions (small) 2 nos|
|Red chilli 1 stalk||Fish sauce 1 tblspn|
|Lemon/lime juice 1 tblspn|||
- Add 1 cup of rice into rice cooker.
- When rice is cooked, add one teaspoon of ginger paste and one table spoon of Olive Vegetable (sold in a jar at most supermarket) and stir well.
- Allow the ingredients to sit for another 5-10mins in the rice cooker before serving.
Healthy Chicken Wings
- Marinate sightly with salt and some tumeric powder and coat with eggwash then airfry for 15mins at 180’C.
Lady’s Finger Salad
- Boil Lady’s Finger then run them through cold water.
- Slice lady’s finger and mix well with the following ingredients:
- 2 shallots
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon/lime juice
Plate all 3 ingredients together and serve!
About the participant
I am a Singaporean in the aviation industry and I love cooking for my family.
Recipe has been edited for clarity by the HealthXchange team.