Post-Stroke Exercises (Upper Limb Strength Training)
Strengthen your stroke-affected arm with these exercises you can do at home.
Upper limb strength-training exercises
such as those shown in this video can help stroke survivors strengthen their affected arm.
This instructional video will teach you exercises that you can do at home to strengthen your affected arm. Please consult your occupational therapist if you are unsure if these exercises are suitable for you.
Upper limb-strength training exercises shown in this video include:
- Arm and Hand Exercises Level 1: Sliding a bottle with two hands
- Arm and Hand Exercises Level 2: Sliding a bottle with a weaker hand
- Arm and Hand Exercises Level 3: Lifting a bottle with the weaker hand
- Hand Exercises Level 1: Picking up small items
- Hand Exercises Level 2: Manipulating coins
This video was brought to you by
Singapore General Hospital (SGH) and
National Neuroscience Institute (NNI).
Check out other videos below on upper limb exercises for stroke patients from the
SingHealth YouTube channel
Post-Stroke Exercises (Upper Limb)