Caption: Pregnancy and childbirth transforms a woman's body – sometimes in not-so wonderful ways. But can a mummy makeover give you a pre-baby body? Dr Terence Goh, Consultant, Department of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery at Singapore General Hospital (SGH) answers. (iStock photo)
"A mummy makeover (or mommy makeover) is a misleading marketing term that distracts from the serious combination of complementary procedures that are designed to restore a woman's body, particularly after pregnancy, to a pre-baby body," says
Dr Terence Goh, Consultant,
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery,
Singapore General Hospital (SGH), a member of the
"The term oversimplifies what is being offered and done," Dr Goh adds.
Asian rhinoplasty, how it differs from conventional rhinoplasty
Mummy makeover: What it includes
The classic mummy makeover commonly includes:
- "Tummy tuck" (to remove loose skin in the abdomen) and either a
- Breast lift (to address breasts that have deflated or sagged) or
- Breast augmentation (this can be done with implants or with the patient's own fat)
Liposuction, tummy tuck and more – A guide to common makeover procedures
Within this framework alone, there are a myriad of surgical options for a mummy makeover.
The modern day concept of a "mummy makeover" has also expanded to include:
- Liposuction (which may also be done to improve the contours of other parts of the body such as the thighs or flanks)
- Vaginal rejuvenation
- Facial rejuvenation and
- Treatment of varicose veins
Latest varicose veins treatment – Faster, less pain and lets you return to normal activity within hours
HealthXchange.sg are meant for informational purposes only and cannot replace professional surgical, medical or health advice, examination, diagnosis or treatment.