Pregnancy Week 21: Take Vitamin C, Summary of Dos and Don’ts
At pregnancy week twenty-one, do take vitamin C to help with iron absorption, especially if you experience iron deficiency, says KK Women's and Children's Hospital's Obstetrics & Gynaecology Department.
Pregnancy week 21:
it is important for pregnant women to have sufficient vitamin c, which helps with the baby's bone and ligament development.
Another tip for pregnancy week 21: Vitamin C
Vitamin C helps in the absorption of iron. Many pregnant women experience iron deficiency due to a higher demand for the formation of red blood cells and as a consequence, become anaemic.
So, get your vitamin C through these natural sources, to help with your baby’s bone and ligament development.
Foods rich in vitamin C include:
- Lady's finger
At pregnancy week 21, your uterus is almost up to the level of your belly button. For your convenience, we have compiled a general list of Do's and Don'ts in pregnancy. Those who have been reading diligently from week 1 might find this a small refresher course:
- Eat balanced meals (rich in iron, calcium, folate)
- Take a multivitamin with iron supplementation
- Exercise regularly
- Always wear seat belts when driving or commuting, with the bottom belt under your belly
- Wear comfortable shoes and breathable clothing
- Sleep on your left side – as this is most comfortable and prevents baby's weight from compressing a large vein in your body
- Diet or try to lose weight during pregnancy
- Eat raw foods (including seafood), unpasteurised milk or soft cheeses, unwashed salads
- Use TCM without checking with your doctor first
- Fly or travel by air after 32 weeks
- Handle cat litter, birds and farm animals to prevent toxoplasmosis.
- Have unnecessary X-rays e.g. dental x-rays
- Drink alcohol