SingHealth Transplant is one of the largest and most experienced transplant practices in the region, providing comprehensive and quality
care to our patients and donors.
SingHealth Transplant was established in 2010 as the first entity in Singapore to consolidate all transplant programmes under one umbrella. Today, we are one of the largest and most experienced transplant practices in the region, providing comprehensive and quality care to our patients and donors.
At present, there are nine transplant programmes under SingHealth Transplant, namely Kidney, Liver, Heart and Lung, Cornea, Skin, Cardiovascular Homograft, Haematopoietic Stem Cell and Umbilical Cord Blood.
The first patient to benefit from a transplant on SingHealth Campus underwent a vision-restoring corneal transplant in 1962. Since then, more than 7,000 transplants have been done on the Campus, giving new life and new hope to many patients and their families.
To be a transplant centre of excellence, delivering the best clinical outcome for patients through clinical service, education and research.
• To achieve best quality outcomes and patient experience for our solid organ, cell and tissue transplant programmes • To advance innovation in transplantation through cutting edge research and quality improvement • To foster a positive culture towards transplantation with the realisation of organ, cell and tissue donation at every opportunity
1. Dedicated and Well-Trained Multidisciplinary Team
All healthcare professionals involved in transplant have undergone specific training in their area of expertise, most of whom are trained in renowned overseas transplant institutions. Our team is committed to providing comprehensive and compassionate clinical care and also making significant contributions to research and policies that regulate transplant practice.
2. Dedicated Infrastructure Resources
As part of continued efforts to enhance the quality of patient-centred care, we have established a one-stop transplant centre in 2013 to enable our patients to be reviewed by all relevant specialists within one day. A ’One Queue, One Bill‘ system has since been introduced to help reduce waiting time as patients no longer have to collect multiple queue numbers for every service and consultation that they need. The centre has clinics, counseling rooms, a phlebotomy cubicle and a procedure unit for:
- Pre- and post- transplant education by transplant coordinators
- Donor and recipient assessment for transplantation
- Post-transplant follow-up care
- Dedicated transplant pharmacist clinics
- Dedicated ambulatory follow-up programs by dieticians and physiotherapists
- Phlebotomy services
- Outpatient biopsy of kidney transplants
- IV drugs infusions
- IV blood product infusions
Aside from our one-stop transplant outpatient centre, we also have dedicated High-Dependency rooms to care for patients who have just undergone transplant surgery. This is especially critical for immediate post-transplant patients as they are most vulnerable to infections after surgery.
3. Thriving Living Donor Programmes
We have thriving living donor programmes for kidney, liver and haematopoietic stem cell transplants, and offer our patients the best chance for excellent outcomes. To ensure the best outcomes for our donors and their recipients, our team of specialists will conduct a thorough workup which includes screening information, compatibility testing, comprehensive lab work, cardiac and radiology studies, and psychosocial support consultation for our patients.
To date, we have performed more than 450 living kidney and liver transplants and close to 1,300 blood cell transplants.
For more information on SingHealth Transplant please contact:
Tel: 6326 5194 Fax: 6220 0730