HealthXchange presents healthy recipes from professional chefs. These tasty dishes can easily be created in the comfort of home.
HealthXchange's Professional Chef Series - Jasper Jek of Super Simple
In an ongoing effort to promote healthy living and increase the quality of life for you, our reader, we have collaborated with professional chefs for their culinary expertise in creating healthy, easy-to-make dishes for you to try at home. Because #healthiswealth #healthforgood
* EXCLUSIVE OFFER FOR HEALTHXCHANGE READERS
From 22 May to 5th June 2020, get $5 OFF every order through https://www.supersimple.sg/order
by using the promocode: SINGHEALTH
Order your dose of healthy goodness today!
Super Simple celtuce salad recipe has
Celtuce - 1 stem
Lemon zest - ¼ of whole fruit
Asparagus (peeled) - 4 stalks
Mint (juliennne) - 4 pcs
Feta Cheese (cubes) - 70g
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 22-25g
Lemon Peel (julienne) - 1 shaving
Salt & Pepper
1. Trim and peel outer rind of Celtuce. Shave Celtuce into thin ribbons using a mandolin slicer.Soak ribbons in ice water and set aside.
2. Portion Asparagus in 4.5cm pieces. Blanch them for 2 mins in salted water and
immediately place into ice bath.
3. Blanch Lemon Peel in salted water for 30 secs and immediately place into ice bath.
4. Strain Celtuce, Lemon Peel and Asparagus and dry on a paper towel.
5. Toss Celtuce, Asparagus, Lemon Peel, Lemon Zest, Mint, Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper in a mixing bowl.
6. Arrange ingredients into a dish plate and top it with feta cheese.
7. Serve cold immediately! #goodforhealth
About the Chef
Meet Jasper Jek - he's one half of the dynamic duo behind
Chef Jasper has honed his skills in Michelin-starred establishments, including 3 Michelin-starred Martin Berasategui (Spain), 1 Michelin-starred RE-NAA (Norway) and 3 Michelin-starred Joel Robuchon (Singapore).
He quips, "My experience has given me a deeper understanding of using fresh, quality ingredients to craft wholesome and delicious food that nourishes the body. Today, that is the philosophy that drives us at
EDITOR'S NOTE : They have recently launched their JUST x Super Simple range of ready to eat, vacuumed packed goodness! 'JUST' in time (pun intended) for those too lazy to cook or additional ingredients for aspiring home chefs!