Presenting the "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MHBR) series - healthy and easy-to-prepare home cooked recipes, shared by you, our readers!
HealthXchange "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series
Cook at home during this COVID-19 "circuit breaker" period - and beyond! It's a great time to start a new, healthy habit. If you're looking for a variety of healthy, easy-to-prepare recipes, look no further than our very own "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series! Featuring recipes from our very own readers, the range of dishes from appetisers, mains and desserts will spoil you for choice.
Be sure to visit HealthXchange each week as new recipes are added weekly! Because #healthiswealth #healthforgood #goodforhealth
Yellow Curry Chicken - Shared by Peng Yen Hoo
Chicken (fresh/frozen) cut into pcs - 1kg
Big potato (cubed) - 1 nos
Dancing chef yellow curry chicken paste - 1 pkt
Lemongrass (crushed) - 2 stalks
Kara coconut cream - 200ml
Chilli padi (crushed) (optional) - 4 nos
Water - 300ml
Big yellow onion (thinly sliced) - 1 nos
Salt - To taste
Carrot (cubed) - 1 nos
Oil - 3 tblspn
1) Heat oil and stirfry onion till semi-transparent
2) Add the lemongrass stalks and chilli padi, stir a bit
3) Lower heat, add in curry paste, stir until fragrant
4) Add water and bring to boil
5) Add in carrots and potatoes, stir, lower fire and cover to simmer till half-cooked
6) Add coconut cream, stir well, add curry leaves
7) Add chicken and salt, cover and simmer under low fire until chicken is cooked
The curry is ready! Serve it with rice / bread
About the participant
My name is Yen, and i stay in Woodlands. I'm a mother of 4 who loves cooking healthy meal for my family. Thankfully all my children love spicy food! I hope you'll like this recipe.
Peng Yen Hoo
Recipe has been edited for clarity by the HealthXchange team.