My Best Healthy Recipe - Myanmar Styled Curry Chicken with Bottle Gourd - Patricia
Presenting the "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MHBR) series - healthy and easy-to-prepare home cooked recipes, shared by you, our readers!
HealthXchange "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series
Cook at home during this COVID-19 "circuit breaker" period - and beyond! It's a great time to start a new, healthy habit. If you're looking for a variety of healthy, easy-to-prepare recipes, look no further than our very own "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series! Featuring recipes from our very own readers, the range of dishes from appetisers, mains and desserts will spoil you for choice.
Be sure to visit HealthXchange each week as new recipes are added weekly! Because #healthiswealth #healthforgood #goodforhealth
Myanmar Styled Curry Chicken with Bottle Gourd - Shared by Patricia Thant
Bottle gourd (small) - Half
Chicken - 200g
Fish sauce - 2 tspn
Pinch of salt
Chicken powder - 1/4 tspn
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tspn
Chilli powder - 1/2 tspn
Water - 250ml
Onions (small) - 2 bulbs
Garlic - 2 cloves
Lemongrass - 1 stalk
1. Marinate the chicken with chicken powder, fish sauce, salt and turmeric powder. Set aside for 30mins
2. Cut/ chop/ pound onion and garlic. Smash the lemongrass. Cut the gourd into small pieces
3. Heat oil in pan, fry onion, garlic and lemongrass until golden brown and fragrant
4. Add in the chili powder. Cook for 2 more mins
5. Add in and stir the marinated chicken well, cover the pan until juices start to flow from chicken
6. Add the gourd and cover again for 2mins
7. Add water and cook until the chicken is tender. Your dish is ready to be served!
Tip: Best served with white rice!
About the participant
I am from Myanmar and SPR. As a stay at home mom for the time being, I love to cook healthy and delicious dishes everyday for my husband and my toddler.
Recipe has been edited for clarity by the HealthXchange team.