HealthXchange collaborates with respected chefs in the F&B industry to bring you healthy recipes that can easily be created in the comfort of home.
HealthXchange's Professional Chef Series - Chef Jennifer Tan of CAVEMEN Restaurant and Bar
In an ongoing effort to promote healthy living and increase the quality of life for you, our reader, we have collaborated with professional chefs for their culinary expertise in creating healthy, easy-to-make dishes for you to try at home. Because #healthiswealth #healthforgood
White Quinoa - 60g
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 20ml
Mint 5g (7-10 leaves)
Black Peppercorn - 5g
Italian Parsley - 5g (7-10 leaves)
Sea Salt - 5g
Golden Raisins - 20g
Shallots (chopped) - 20g
Red Cherry Tomatoes - 30g
Lemon Juice - 5ml
Japanese Cucumber - 30g
Toasted Pine Nuts - 30g
Pomegranate - 30g
Sugar - 5g
1) Boil quinoa in salt-water for 10 minutes. Then drain off the water and allow the quinoa to chill in an ice bath.
2) Julienne the mint leaves and Italian parsley.
3) Dice shallots, slice cherry tomato into halves and shave cucumber into thin ribbons.
4) Zest lemon skin and juice the remaining lemon for later use.
5) Toss all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, season it with lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt, pepper and sugar. Seasoning can be adjusted base on individual taste preference.
6) Plate the salad, garnish it with pomegranate seeds, cucumber ribbon and cherry tomato. Your dish is ready to be served!
About the Chef
Affectionately known as Chef Jen, Jennifer Tan is the head chef of
CAVEMEN Restaurant and Bar. Chef Jen kickstarted her culinary career with Amador, in Langen, Frankfurt, Germany, where she was exposed to the concept of molecular cuisine. Thereafter, from SATS Inflight Catering to the Michelin-starred Joel Robuchon, the versatile chef had her fair share of experience in the F&B scene. Despite various challenges and stereotypes of women within the F&B industry, Chef Jen successfully proved her worth and rose through the ranks, becoming the Head Chef of
CAVEMEN in 2018.
About the establishment
CAVEMEN Restaurant and Bar has been serving up their brand of Asian European cuisine. Featuring premium ingredients and good vibes,
CAVEMEN aims to provide the best experience for their customers. As a restaurant, bar and a butchery, the cozy modern rustic interior, soft groovy music, mouth-watering dishes and fancy cocktails makes
CAVEMEN a one-stop enjoyable experience for all.
Address : 1 Jln Dusun, #01-09
Tel : 6250 1168