Diabetes Foot Care: 10 Steps to Healthy Feet (Cut Toenails, Wear Proper Shoes and Foot Screening)
Diabetes puts you at risk of foot infections. The Podiatry Department at Singapore General Hospital (SGH) shares ten simple steps to follow for healthier feet.
makes it difficult to treat foot problems so it is important for people with diabetes to have a foot care regime to keep their feet healthy.
Continued from previous page.
The Podiatry Department at
Singapore General Hospital (SGH), a member of the
SingHealth group, shares ten simple steps to follow for healthier feet. Here are the remaining five.
6. Cut toenails straight across and smoothen nail edges with a nail file
7. Wear shoes with supportive features and a good fit
Wear socks or stockings together with shoes
8. Check that there is nothing in your shoes before wearing them
9. Maintain good blood sugar levels
10. Go for a yearly Diabetic Foot Screening at the polyclinic, GP clinic or hospital
See previous page for
the first five steps.