Baby Development Milestones: 18 Months Old
At 18 months, your baby can perform a wide range of actions like walk, run, imitate, stack and more. The KK Women's and Children's Hospital (KKH) General Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine Service shares.
At 18 months
, your baby can perform a wide range of actions including stacking items.
Baby development milestones: 18 months old
- Your baby starts to run but lacks coordination and falls frequently
- Your baby is capable of walking up stairs while holding on with one hand
- Your baby can stack one toy block above another another, up to four blocks, to create a tower
- Your baby can use a spoon and cup with help to feed himself
- Your baby can imitate scribbling at this age, and turn two or three pages of a book at a time
- Your baby is capable of showing affection
- Your baby is able to listen to a story or look at the pictures in a book
- Your baby can say 10 or more words when asked
- Your baby starts to explore his or her environment
- Your baby is able identify one or more parts of the body
- Your baby understands and is able to point to and identify common objects
- Your baby starts to imitate domestic activities
- Your baby is capable of removing some clothing items, such as gloves, hats and socks
- Your baby begins to develop a sense of ownership, identifying people and objects by saying "my"
- Your baby attains bowel control
Next article -
Child Development Milestones: 2 Years Old
Previous article -
Baby Development Milestones: 12 Months Old