Make your lo hei truly unique with this DIY yu sheng recipe from NPC (Nose Cancer Support Group) member, Lim Wai Cheng.
Nose cancer survivor and
NPC (Nose Cancer Support Group) member, Lim Wai Cheng, shares the recipe for a yu sheng unlike any other. It's healthy, nutritious and easy to do!
- Cucumber – 2 medium size local ones, or 3 Japanese cucumbers. Choose the slim ones. Discard the seeds and lightly squeeze out the liquid
- Carrot (about 15cm long)
- White radish - use the portion nearer the leaves, which has a milder and sweeter taste
- Purple cabbage
- Red, green and orange capsicums
- Mango (half ripe)
- Green papaya (half ripe)
- Plum sauce (any brand) – half bottle
- 1 piece lemon
DIY fruit enzyme (optional)
- Mix the above 3
Nuts & seeds
- Roast sesame seeds, roast peanuts or cashew nuts
- Arrowhead “chi-gu” chips – this will replace the deep fried thick crispy but oily chips
Abalone and raw salmon can be added.
Use a shredder to slice all vegetables into strips.
Cut all fruits into slices.
For sauce preparation, mix the sauce ingredients, Try the taste and adjust accordingly. Pour onto salad right before consumption.
Add olive oil to the salad.
Contributed by Lim Wai Cheng / NPC member / nose cancer survivor
The information and content contained within this website belongs to the NPC Support Group and its individual contributors. No whole or part of the information and content may be copied or re-produced without the written permission of the NPC Support Group. All requests for its use should be addressed to email@example.com.