Presenting the "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MHBR) series - healthy and easy-to-prepare home cooked recipes, shared by you, our readers!
HealthXchange "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series
Cook at home during this COVID-19 "circuit breaker" period - and beyond! It's a great time to start a new, healthy habit. If you're looking for a variety of healthy, easy-to-prepare recipes, look no further than our very own "My Best Healthy Recipe" (MBHR) series! Featuring recipes from our very own readers, the range of dishes from appetisers, mains and desserts will spoil you for choice.
Be sure to visit HealthXchange each week as new recipes are added weekly! Because #healthiswealth #healthforgood #goodforhealth
Healthy cake - Shared by Jia Min
Eggs 6 nos
Fresh Milk 80g
Vegetable Oil 40g
Cake flour 100g
1. Pre-heat rice cooker at "keep warm" mode.
2. In a bowl, sieve the flour and add in the oil. Mix well.
3. Add in the milk to the mixture and mix well. Set aside for use later.
1. Separate the egg white and yolk.
2. Add yolk to mixture A and mix well.
3. Add a few drops of lemon juice and sugar to remaining egg white. Mix under high speed.
Tip: To check doneness of the egg white, flip the bowl upside down and the egg white foam should not topple down.
1. Combine B into A and mix well.
2. Brush a layer of oil in the rice cooker and pour the mixture into the rice cooker
3. Remove big air bubbles. Set cooker to "cake function" for 40mins. Thereafter, leave lid closed, and set to "keep warm" for 20mins.
4. Afterwards, flip the rice cooker upside down (to prevent the cake from sinking), remove the cake and serve.
About the participant
Hello, I am a teenager and I am having my vacation break currently. My family loves eating cake, but I find that cakes sold commercially are too sweet and oily. The cakes are often dressed in cream which makes it even more unhealthy. It is my first time exploring baking a cake using the rice cooker. I would like to explore more and try out different desserts for my family!
Recipe has been edited for clarity by the HealthXchange team.